what i want right now

by Joanna on April 3, 2013

What I want in my life right now, more than anything, is time for me. Time to lay in bed and look out the window. Time to cook delicious meals for myself and my husband.  Time to read and read and read some more.

I want to get my nails done. I want to go to the grocery store. I want to go to yoga and really feel my body. I want to be home. I want to do laundry. I want to make dinner with my husband and dance in the kitchen.  I want to be so in the moment that tears come to my eyes.

I want to remember. I want my mind to drift back to 7-up in CCD, to remember when Mike picked me up from the SATs and brought me a double cheeseburger from McDonalds.

I want time for deep reflection. For learning. For creating. For being.

So even as I work full-time and try to build a business on the side, I’m allowing myself to slow down. Because I suspect that giving myself this time and space will actually attract more of what I want into my life and may actually get me to peace, happiness, and freedom more quickly.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Kate April 3, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Is it appropriate to just comment on a blog with the word “ditto?” I can so relate to this- I work from home so you’d think that it would be a little easier to carve out the time, but sometimes I feel like it just makes it harder to separate. Thanks for posting this, Joanna- it was a great reminder to step away from work for a few minutes!

2 Joanna April 4, 2013 at 9:41 am

Ditto, haha. I’ve been wanting to comment “yes!” or “amen” on your blog recently.

Check out this post from Danielle LaPorte…a friend and I felt like it was written just for us. Maybe you’ll feel the same! http://www.daniellelaporte.com/creativity-art-design-articles/the-dangerous-terrain-of-unnecessary-dream-shrinkage/

3 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy April 4, 2013 at 10:12 am

Love this <3. After a week long vacation in Arizona, my mind is so much more clear, and I really want to change my life for the better. It's hard to focus on what we really want/ need when we're so busy — slowing down is such a good thing!

4 Joanna April 5, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Thanks, Emily! A week in Arizona sounds amazing! Hope your relaxed, clear-headed vacation feeling lasts a while for you!

5 Heather April 4, 2013 at 2:56 pm

what a beautiful, poetic post. I so relate!! I’m glad to see you you’re taking time, dear!! xo

6 Joanna April 5, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Thanks, Heather! Good to hear from you! XO to you too!