1. We were in Pella, Iowa for a wedding two weeks ago. Gotta love a nice small town–especially one with a town square. The bride’s twin works at a flower shop right in town and we stopped in to pick up flowers. It was such a quaint, beautiful shop. Doesn’t that sound like a great gig? I was definitely a little bit jealous! There were also two coffee shops right in town too. I can’t believe it, but I only made it to one. And I may have visited three times in one day (yes, I’m embarrassed). I definitely want to go back for Tulip Time sometime.
2. Unlike a lot of people (including Mike), I really enjoyed the How I Met Your Mother finale.
3. I’ve been craving books that draw me in, that I can’t wait to pick up after work, that I think about when I’m not reading it. And I think the universe is answering. A coworker let me borrow Anna Quindlen’s latest Still Life with Bread Crumbs. Now I’m finishing The Book Thief. I bought in January and got about halfway through and put it down. Then, Jacquelyn posted on Facebook that it’s one of the best books she’s ever read and I thought “alright, I’ll pick this up again.” Up next is Where’d You Go, Bernadette. I heard good things and saw it on a different coworkers desk. When I asked if she was reading it, she told me to take it, that she wouldn’t have time to read it until the end of the semester. After that, I think I’ll read The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty. But, I’m looking for books to take me through the end of the summer, so if you have suggestions, tell me in the comments, please!
4. My teammates and I have been watching Jimmy Fallon clips at lunch recently. I’m loving him on the Tonight Show. My favorite is hashtags: #misheardlyrics.
5. I found a walking buddy! My bus friend Kristen and I went for a walk after work yesterday. It was amazing. Two miles, good conversation. I’m looking forward to continuing this as it keeps getting nicer out.
What’s your favorite part of a small town?
What are you reading these days?
Are you a fan of walks?
(If you comment about How I Met Your Mother, please, no spoilers )